Re: Script request

Ray Van Dolson wrote:
On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 12:36:24PM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
I've got a script request for anyone who's interested (I'm both busy and too lazy to write it myself)

I'd like to count the number of 'updates-released-7' requests in our mirror logs that have happened in the last 24 hours. The script should take two files as input and return a single integer, using bash. Here's a sample log:

 http://mmcgrath.net/~mmcgrath/mirrors

 happy hacking

Would something as simple as (see attached) work?

And did you perhaps mean "updates-released-f7" instead of
"updates-released-7"?  Easy to change in any case.

Thanks Ray, actually that will count all instances in both files which could be as little as a 24 hour period or as much as a 48 hour period. Ahmed actually sent me a script a bit ago that I think will do just fine. Thanks for looking into it though.