Re: Script request

This seems too easy.  Am I missing something?  :)

cat file1 file2  | grep 'updates-released-f7'  | wc -l

Or as a bash script:
$ cat count-updates-rel-7.sh
#!/bin/bash
cat ${*} | grep 'updates-released-f7' | wc -l

Jason

Mike McGrath wrote:
I've got a script request for anyone who's interested (I'm both busy and too lazy to write it myself)

I'd like to count the number of 'updates-released-7' requests in our mirror logs that have happened in the last 24 hours. The script should take two files as input and return a single integer, using bash. Here's a sample log:

http://mmcgrath.net/~mmcgrath/mirrors

happy hacking