Fedora Magazine RFR

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Jun 20 03:53:39 UTC 2007

Anand Capur wrote:
>> So it sounds like the software you'd like to use have changed quite a
>> bit in the progress of this thread.  Please update your RFR with a full
>> list of exactly what packages you need to do this.
>>
>>     -Mike
> eGroupware (which I will package for Fedora if needed).
You'll need to get it into Fedora.
>    * Web Server: Apache 2.2.4
>    * PHP 5.2.2
>    * Database Server: MySQL 5.0.41
Our production DB MySQL instance will be 5.0.22 that ships with RHEL5
after we upgrade it.
>    * Mail Server: Postfix
>    * DNS Server: BIND9 (chrooted)
We host DNS already
>    * FTP Server: pureftpd
We don't do ftp
>    * POP3/IMAP server: Dovecot
We do not host email

I don't mean to rain on your parade but this is a very lofty goal, I'd
recommend working with the docs team and see if you can get some more
support, http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Magazine.

If you're going to use eGroupware it'll have to be packaged and approved
in Fedora before we can use it in our infrastructure.

    -Mike