Alpha Core 3 is available

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Mar 9 16:34:27 UTC 2007

Dennis Gilmore schrieb:
> [...]
> if a build fails on a
> secondary arch then it will not affect the primary arch.

I agree with this scheme, but nevertheless one note: In this case it
IMHO would be nice to normally(¹) give the secondary arch maintainers a
small chance (three to seven days maybe?) to fix packages before the
primary arch packages hit the repo to prevent this:

day 0: foo-1.0.1-7 in the repos for i386, x86_64, ppc, sparc, ia64

day 1: foo-1.2.0-1 gets submitted to buildsys; fails on sparc and ia64;
package gets pushed to the i386, x86_64 repos nearly immediately

day 2: foo-1.2.0-2 fixes build on sparc and gets pushed to the i386,
x86_64 and sparc repos

day 3: foo-1.2.0-3 fixes build on ia64 and gets pushed to the i386,
x86_64 sparc and ia64 repos

Users of i386 and x86_64 that update daily would have had two package
updates without any benefit for them :-( I'd like to aoid that if easily
possible.

Just my 2 cent.

CU
thl

(¹) -- security updates are for example an exception