Real-time project updates

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Mar 10 02:43:39 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 21:28 -0500, Luke Macken wrote:
> Yo peeps,
>
> I created a Mugshot group for Fedora Infrastructure[0], and pointed it
> to the RSS feeds of the project Timelines for bodhi, koji,
> presto, beaker, pungu, and smolt.  This way, members will get
> notifications on code commits, wiki changes, and ticket activity.
>
> Please feel free to add any infrastructure-related RSS feed to the
> group as well.  Also, if you need a mugshot invite or something, drop me a line.

You rock, great idea.

BTW, I talked with Owen Taylor briefly about mugzilla[1], and I bounced
some email to him and Will about the topic.  It sounds as if mugzilla
follows along similar lines of thinking the mugshot team has had; that's
when I learned about the trick like you did with the RSS feed.  But it's
the hard parts that need making now -- the ability to interact directly
with bugzilla, etc.  But at least the basics of the "razz developers who
are ignoring bugs" are present. :)

- Karsten

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KarstenWade/Drafts/Mugzilla
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project