cvsl10n CVSROOT

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Tue Mar 13 18:17:31 UTC 2007

O/H Karsten Wade έγραψε:
> For Paul, Dimitris, and others ...
>
> Mike and I were discussing CVS structure for cvsl10n.  These are
> configuration choices for e.g. CVSROOT, and etc.
>
> Goals:
>
> * R/W for the po/ directory in documentation modules (/cvs/docs/.../po)
> * Same for po/ under any merged packages (< Extras), although for the
> most part those are projects that should have translation upstream
> * Pull in sample content from elvis.rh.c:/usr/local/CVS
>   - part of planning to be able to copy all content and switch
>
> Here is a *test* import of the existing L10N CVS -- note that this
> content may get removed at any time, and people in the cvsl10n have
> write access to it:
>
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/?root=l10n

Sounds OK to me. What's the next plan?

Some more ideas/food for thought:

We could have "virtual folders" like we do on i18n.r.c: a translator does a `cvs
co translate` there (`cvs co l10n` in our system) and receives something like:

 anaconda/
   af.po
   am.po
   anaconda.pot
 apacheconf/
   af.po

Also, our TODO should somewhere include automerge: each time a new POT file is
committed the PO files could be automatically updated (currently not supported
at i18n.r.c but is in the TODO list there too).

Finally, since we're at it, we should probably start making plans for
http://l10n.fedoraproject.org/. A *great* example is http://l10n.gnome.org/.
This is probably the only tool the L10N community needs (although the job can be
done locally too). Any help from the TurboGears experienced folks in
Infrastructure would be greatly appreciated. :)

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/