Testers needed: mirrormanager

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Mar 14 21:00:25 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 14:40 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> >
> > Isn't the CLA supposed to contain the Export Compliance statement? I
> > had signed the CLA some long time ago, and it still wants the Export
> > Compliance statement from me. Or am I mixing apples and oranges?
> >
> I'm not sure if the CLA covers this (I don't think it does) but I do
> know that you don't need a CLA to be a mirror but you do need to sign
> the export agreement.  Really we're not the right people to answer a
> question like that, anyone know how legal questions like this should be
> handled?

I don't think you need a lawyer here.  A read of the CLA makes it clear
that it does not cover export control:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/Licenses/CLA

I've submitted my plain-English CLA to the appropriate legal counsel for
approval -- that means this cannot be relied upon yet -- but it is at
least close to the mark, and may help in clarifying for ya'll what the
CLA is and is not:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KarstenWade/Drafts/PlainEnglishCLA

IANAL, TINLA, YMMV, caveat emptor, etcetera.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project