Disk space requirements

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Sat Mar 24 15:34:57 UTC 2007

Once upon a time Saturday 24 March 2007, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 10:04 -0500, Matt Domsch wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 09:58:37AM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> > > As for the mirrors, what are they obligated to take and what can they
> > > pick?

> I don't suppose we have numbers to back any of this up instead of just
> speculating?  Could be gleaned from web logs over time, right?

I know with the demise of redhat.fedora,com  that we have noticed some fc-1
boxes hitting the web server looking for updates.  but really as its
unsupported if we move the repo contents they don't lose anything as they
wont get updates anyway.

i quite like the idea of ppc.fedoraproject.org sparc.fedoraproject.org etc.
as long as we have a way that mirrors can mirror if they choose to.
Dennis