cacti public

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon May 7 16:24:12 UTC 2007

On Monday 07 May 2007 12:11:15 Nils Breunese wrote:
> I believe Scott over at atomicrocketturtle.com was looking into
> packaging Zenoss, but found the code was pretty messy. Binaries in
> source rpms, different source rpms for different distributions... I
> believe there is some work to do there. But it looks like a pretty nice
> monitoring solution. I use ZABBIX <http://www.zabbix.com/> myself.

IIRC much of this was cleaned up as Zenoss is going to be in RHX (Red Hat
eXchange) and thus they had to clean up their packaging a LOT.  It would be
worth looking at again.

I sat in their presentation at Linux Fest Northwest and it was really good
stuff, and I had some talks with their PR and lead technical folks, they're
really excited to get into Fedora.

The only down side is that they use plone, and that's a no-go for F7 right
now.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora