motd+puppet

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 7 20:42:24 UTC 2007

On 5/7/07, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> I'm going to deploy some sort of motd on the servers using puppet
> today.  Mostly just so people that log in understand how puppet works
> and to remind them that their changes will go away unless done properly.
>
> This has slight risk of breaking scripts.  Particularly ones running
> over ssh.  Let me know if anyone sees something... odd.
>
>     -Mike

Cool. I see it now. :)

==================ATTENTION ========================

        This is a PRIVATE computer system, unauthorized access is
        strictly prohibited.

This system is to be used for Fedora Project and related purposes only.  This
is not your personal computing system.  Users who are unsure whether or not
they have access to this system, don't have it and should log off immediately.

There is no expectation of privacy of any kind on this system.  All questions
concerning access should be directed to admin at fedoraproject.org

This system is puppet managed!  Local changes may be overwritten:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Puppet/QuickStart

--
Thomas Chung