python-kid on buildsys server

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Fri May 11 11:27:22 UTC 2007

On Thu, 10 May 2007 10:18:56 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:

> > machine. Who decides on what packages from that mysterious private repo
> > are "supported" on that machine or not? Seth?
> >
> Anyone with admin access to that box.   If someone wants to install the
> RPM on that box and make sure it works they are welcome to do so.

This is contrary to what Dennis claims, and I won't upgrade system rpms
without explicit permission, regardless of whether the packages are
orphans or not.

> >> I'm sorry but your local
> >> copy of yum 2.6 is not supported by the Fedora Infrastructure team.
> >>

> > That "team" has never before said anything about it. The API is needed as
> > the backend for the Extras multilib resolver, Extras repoclosure, ... and
> > some other tools. But maybe you misunderstand.
> >
> > Perhaps I should drop the ball at this point and declare the code
> > unsupported, too. As I said before, this is turning into a negative
> > experience for me.
> >
> Ok clearly there's been some miscommunication because I have no idea
> what you're talking about.

That's the fundamental problem.

It's the missing interest that results in artificial policies and
spontaneous decisions like this, which are beyond my comprehension.

Nobody cares what code is uploaded to and run on that machine to get
something done. But when I ask on a otherwise quite silent public
mailing-list about an official package update, it takes 12 days to get a
first one-line reply, which demonstrates that the actual interest is low.
After weeks, the hypocrisy increases and the reason for denial is
altered. This is a hindrance and a disappointment. You have no interest,
but you don't want to let loose either.

As such, I'm losing interesting as I don't feel good about this.