Re: Fedora 7 Launch

Ahmed Kamal wrote:
The RedHat Load balancing clustering tool (piranha) might looks a bit
complex, but in reality, it's just a fancy wrapper around ipvsadm which is
the user-space tool for the kernel traffic director. I havent played with
Nth module, but ipvsadm is probably more tested.
So, we don't have a hardware balancer ? are we searching for a software
balancing solution ?

I've used piranha in the past with great success but it requires additional boxes that we just don't have yet. We have one hardware balancer we use for the proxy servers. I'd like to stick one between the proxy servers and the application servers.