Re: Image standards

On 5/22/07, Toshio Kuratomi <a badger gmail com> wrote:
Is there a current patent on jpeg?  FSF has encouraged people to use
jpeg in the past and the wikipedia article mizmo pointed to seems to say
that the company that was asserting patent rights has had its patent
invalidated and is no longer pursuing any claims.

wikipedia article:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JPEG#Potential_patent_issues
Link from the wikipedia article::
  http://www.pubpat.org/jpegsurrendered.htm

-Toshio

Disclaimer: "I'm not a lawyer. I rather use with paten-free format"

http://www.jpeg.org/faq.phtml

Regards,
--
Thomas Chung