report_mirror traceback

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Wed May 23 17:31:40 UTC 2007

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 01:24:35PM -0400, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 11:49:51AM -0500, Matt Domsch wrote:
> > > I was able to rerun the script successfully at 11:54 EDT.  When should
> > > I expect the mirror cgi to start returning my mirror for my netblock?
> >
> > It takes up to 2 hours to refresh all the web servers with this data.
>
> Thanks, it's working now.  One other question.  What is the output
> file used for?  I noticed it is in some binary format.  Do I need to
> keep this somewhere?

Oops, that isn't strictly required.  I'll fix that shortly.  You can
of course delete it.

report_mirror can't work from behind a proxy (yet, any volunteers??).
And my internal mirrors are behind authenticating proxies.  And, it
uses HTTPS, which further complicates things.  So, to test, I actually
have to dump the data that *would* be sent to the server into a file
(it's just a python pickle), copy the data outside the firewalls, and
then upload it to the database.  And, it's a handy debug tool to be
able to get the data out cleanly without having to upload and then go
poke through the database to get it back out. :-)

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch