Re: iptables templates

seth vidal wrote:
Here's what I've used in the past.

It allows connections for certain ports/places and then drops everything
else as the last item.

http://linux.duke.edu/~skvidal/misc/iptables-template

it's pretty painless, really.

If we want to add explicit outbound rules, too, that's fine, but I'd
advise enabling logging b/c that stuff is easy to get wrong. :)

This is just a sample but it's simple and straightforward.

Excellent. I much prefer simple firewall rules where possible (its not always possible :)

One RFE:

Could we have a commented section in there to rate limit some of the open ports (http immediately come to mind)? That way if we get slammed again we don't have to go figure out what we've done in the past we can just uncomment it.

What do you think?