Re: Distributing static content

Gaddis, Jeremy L. wrote:
We've got a whole pool of sysadmins on this list. How do you deal with these issues in your current environments?

Across a pool of web servers in a cluster, we use rsync over SSH ...
..... rsync is initiated on the "non-master" nodes

And I have done the opposite: Set up a script on the master to run multiple parallel rsync's pushing content out to the target servers. This was an on-demand content push, rather than an automatic replication of changes. It worked very well for many years.

Jason