bodhi

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Sat May 26 04:02:46 UTC 2007

So we're less than a week away from F7, so why not completely change the
way updates are pushed? :)

We're going to use mash[0] to compose our updates repo instead of managing
it by hand.  This removes the burden of multilib, repo-cleaning, and
dep closure checking from bodhi.

This means that we need to change the push process to be something like:

    - Move all submitted builds from
      dist-f7-updates-candidate to dist-f7-updates-testing in Koji
    - Run mash
    - Add/remove appropriate updates from updateinfo.xml and insert it
      into all of the repodata
    - Sync out to wallace, which will sync to the mirrors

In theory, this should do the trick.

The roadmap[1] to 1.0 should be fairly accurate now.  So what we have
left, aside from the new push process mentioned above, is:

    - ACLs.  We need to make sure that all updates are submitted by the
      appropriate {,co-}maintainers.
    - Package signing stuff.  Jesse pointed me to the sign_unsigned tool[2]
      that we could potentially integrate with to help do this.

I won't be able to start hacking on this until monday, as I am graduating
tomorrow and then moving on Sunday, so any help would be appreciated :)

luke

[0]: http://git.fedoraproject.org/?p=hosted/mash;a=summary
[1]: https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/bodhi/roadmap
[2]: http://git.fedoraproject.org/?p=fedora/releng;a=blob_plain;f=scripts/sign_unsigned.py;hb=9b1b7f1b70976af053c155fe7374dd47b5698da4