Apache tweak

Damian Myerscough damian.myerscough at gmail.com
Sun May 27 22:57:17 UTC 2007

I guess with the release soo close no one wants to have the date pushed back due
to users unable to get to the source. However, we are guaranteed to
get large volumes of
traffic which might knock the web servers offline.

Karsten Wade, I think another reason for leaving it is due to
mod_evasive as Seth said
no all the infrastructure people are familiar with it.

Anyways we will see how the web servers stand on Thursday.

On 27/05/07, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-05-27 at 17:41 +0100, Damian Myerscough wrote:
> > Yea, it would. However mod_easvie is able to detect if users a
> > continuously hitting refresh
> > to consume bandwidth.
>
> Would it make sense to have a few tricks ready to go?  Untested or
> unproven items to pull out in response to what happens.  Sort of like
> what Egon Spengler might pull out in Ghostbusters ...
>
> I know, it could be *worse* than whatever happens, but there is a slim
> chance we'll survive.
>
> - Karsten
>
> Dr. Egon Spengler: Not necessarily. There's definitely a *very slim*
> chance we'll survive.
> [pause while they consider this]
> Dr. Peter Venkman: [slaps Ray] I love this plan! I'm excited it could
> work! LET'S DO IT!
> --
>    Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project
>  Sr. Developer Relations Mgr.     |  fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject
>    quaid.108.redhat.com           |          gpg key: AD0E0C41

Regards,
  Damian