Re: wiki madness

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:

As I see it, we have 3 options:

1) Continue to work with Moin
2) Migrate to another wiki
3) Roll our own TurboGears wiki

4) Fork Moin.

As a subpoint to this -- There's several ways we could fork moin.

1) take their code and only add the changes we need that they are unwilling to take. We are already doing this on an extremely small scale with the hierarchical acls patch and the async notification patch.

2) make major changes to the codebase, for instance tying it to a DB backend.

3) take individual components that we like from moin and port those to another framework (for instance, taking their syntax parser and porting it to a turboGears backend).

-Toshio