Re: Bad drive on app4

Mike McGrath wrote:
We've got a bad drive on app4, this box is scheduled to be removed soon but hasn't been yet and, is not under warranty. I consider this to be of emergency in importance, and I will be finding a different location to build app4 immediately. Getting the new app server up is of medium risk but not having it up for tomorrow is of HIGH risk as it would cause all mirror traffic to go through app3, and only app3.

   -Mike

Ok, the new app4 is up and on xen4. xenbuilder2 is no more (we'll bring it back after the release). We hit a strange puppet bug we've never seen before. We are still hitting this bug, as a result to do a manual run on puppet1 you must run:

puppetd -t --server=puppet1.fedora.phx.redhat.com

For some reason app4 does not work with puppet1 like the rest of the hosts. There's a certificate error of some kind. The good news is that we now have way more capacity for app4 now then we did on the i386 box it was on.