Re: hosting git conversion of Fedora CVS tree on fedora infrastructure?

Karsten Wade wrote:
On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 12:01 +0100, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:

The git tree is currently a read-only (slave) version of the CVS
tree, and I expect it to stay that way for some time.  But even though
Fedora isn't switching VCSes at this point, I think it would still
make sense to have git/hg/random-other-VCS conversions of the Fedora
CVS tree publically available ...

+1 to the general idea.

Are you interested in building and maintaining the solution in Fedora
Infrastructure?  Just asking as a bystander ... :)

What problem are we trying to solve by doing this or what added functionality will we get that people can't get by just downloading a snapshot and importing it into git themselves?