Restart TG apps for high mem-usage

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Nov 26 19:23:48 UTC 2007

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Toshio Kuratomi (a.badger at gmail.com) said:
>
>> Here's a short script to test our TG apps run via supervisor for excessive
>> memory usage and restart them if necessary.  We could run this via cron in
>> alternate hours on each app server.  Does this seem like a good or bad idea
>> to people?
>>

> It's a good idea if it's needed, but it's a bad idea that it is needed. What's
> wrong with TG that it leads to this situation?

I was wondering this myself, I know smolt recently had some major
changes to keep memory usage down.  Which TG apps are having this issue
and how often?  I know MM uses a lot of memory but, AFAIK, it was
determined that there's not much of a leak if there is one and that all
of that memory is actually used.

    -Mike