Re: hosting git conversion of Fedora CVS tree on fedora infrastructure?

Jim Meyering wrote:
Mike McGrath <mmcgrath redhat com> wrote:
tried this, its not an easy task.  But adding an additional SCM for
GIT which is JUST a copy of what's in CVS sounds like a waste of our
resources.  Why not also do SVN, BZR and Mercurial?

IMHO, they're not as useful.

And thats the real trick, I'd imagine the mercurial, svn and bzr guys would disagree with you.

If Fedora doesn't want to do this, I can probably set up
something independent and provide public git:// access.

If someone else wants to host it I'm all for it, we can certainly make it easier to get at the raw CVS repo. If the other officers disagree please let it be known, but this sounds more like a distraction/one off then something that adds value to our infrastructure.