Re: Restart TG apps for high mem-usage

On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 01:00:53PM -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Here's a short script to test our TG apps run via supervisor for excessive
> memory usage and restart them if necessary.  We could run this via cron in
> alternate hours on each app server.  Does this seem like a good or bad idea
> to people?

Probably not a bad idea; I think koji does something similar with
apache.  However, I don't think we need this for bodhi, at least for the
moment.  The only time bodhi's memory usage jumps is when it's pushing
updates -- so if we were to use this script for bodhi, it would have to check
if it is currently running mash.  But for now, I'm not sure that it is necessary
seeing as how most of the time puppetd eats more memory than bodhi.

luke