Re: Proposal: Rename cvsextras to packager

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
Till Maas wrote:
On Do Oktober 4 2007, Warren Togami wrote:
At F8 development freeze when mass CVS branching is happening, everyone
will have to stop working on packages for a short while.  During this
time we should also rename cvsextras to packager.  This should reduce
overall confusion.

Does membership in cvsextras/packager allow more than just access to cvs? If not imho "cvspkgs" is a better name, because all package info is afaik in the pkgs "directory" of cvs.

Well, it allows access to cvs and we've used it as a criteria to vote. I don't know of anything else offhand but we could potentially restrict access to koji or bodhi by membership in the group.

I'd prefer "packager" instead of "cvspkgs" because of the possibility that packages will not maintained in CVS at some point in the future. The more generic name is simply better.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com