Re: Storage woes... again

Mark Wormgoor wrote:
Mike,

Right now we're storing our stuff on some pretty quick netapps, which stinks considering that koji is only accessing a small percentage of that storage at any point in time and even then... its over NFS. I'd like to propose we move to cheaper storage that is dedicated to just koji. There are a number of options to do this, including different models of netapps. I'm putting a spreadsheet together that takes in to consideration price, how much we get and figures out how much it costs / G / month over a 4 year period. If you guys know of anything to add to the list just let me know.

I'm a big Netapp fan. It's expensive, but really blazing fast and has a lot of very nice features. But, it's not for cheap mass storage.

Have you looked at Coraid Etherdrive? They also have a NAS Gateway to go with it.

I haven't but I'll add it to the list, if you have a specific interesting link send it my way.