Php why must your apps suck so?

Ok, so there's a ticket for a new news site, https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/178

Fact: PHP apps have a poor track record.
Fact: There doesn't appear to be any viable Python CMS's (you can say plone, but we've managed to fail at installing it for 2 YEARS now. And at this point I'm not interested in deploying it for anything other than the docs site)

So lets get this thread started, Toshio ran some numbers to back up this claim, 73 vulnerabilities since 2006. So what do we do. I'm pretty in the middle of this debate at this point. Especially with something like mod_security.

Discuss, comment, flame.  Lets go :)