Php why must your apps suck so?

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Wed Oct 24 12:25:51 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 11:22 +0200, Mirko Klinner wrote:
> Hi friends of good infrastructure,
>
> 2007/10/23, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com>:
>         Ok, so there's a ticket for a new news site,
>         https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/178
>
>         Fact: PHP apps have a poor track record.
>         Fact: There doesn't appear to be any viable Python CMS's
>
> After reading the requirements stated in the ticket I wonder if it
> wouldn't be
> the best idea to implement a little application like that in
> TurboGears ?
> I work with TurboGears on daily basis, so I guess it would take about
> 4 weeks
> to develop such a software, followed by another 8 weeks to test it and
> bring it
> to live.
>
> What do you think about that ?

Not that I doubt your coding skills, but that would be another large set
of unique code that Fedora Infrastructure would need to maintain.  By
using an existing CMS system FI gains from the experiences of everyone
else that runs the CMS we choose.  Plus by choosing an existing CMS we
can spend those 4-8 weeks working on content and making a Fedora theme.

Jeff