Fedora 8 Release

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 15:38:21 UTC 2007

There's still a few tasks left for the Fedora 8 Release:

https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/fedora-infrastructure/milestone/Fedora%208

Many of the remaining tickets are related to the release itself.  Please
take the time to go over the tickets, if there's a task that you know
you'll be doing, make sure it is assigned to you:

https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/fedora-infrastructure/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=Fedora+8

Here's a basic timeline and the associated ticket:
November 2nd: Infrastructure Change Freeze (no changes) #101
November 3rd: Mirrors start syncing content #99
November 3rd: mmcgrath getting married (booyah)
November 5th: Web content to the mirrors #100
November 8th: Website switch (from F7 to F8 content) #97
November 8th: Release day #93

We also have a Standard Operating Procedure for release day this time
around:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/SOP/Release

I bring this up because of that whole wedding thing there :)  I probably
won't be around much and if I've done my job right, I won't need to be
there.  Our team is stronger then ever so I'm not too worried about
much.  I'll be pretty unavailable starting on the 9th.  I've got a few
more things to implement just because we can (like an additional proxy
server in PHX)  Other than that the infrastructure we have right now is
what we're going to ship with.

We'll talk a bit more during the meeting today, please come if you can
make it - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Meetings

    -Mike