Re: Moin and notifications

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
What would be the replacement? I watch all wiki changes and make corrections quite often. It would be nice if we can figure out a way to make moin go faster without cutting down notifications altogether.

I'm watching all the wiki changes as well and I would really miss them.
Thus a loud "-1" from me to the idea to remove them

BTW, I often told contributers to subscribe to areas in the wiki (e.g.
like "EPEL/.*") to follow the happenings in EPEL land. A few did that.

Sorry to reopen this thread but I think I remembered something last night related to this.

Do any of the wikis we're looking at using to replace moin support regex page watches (or something that could be used similarly... perhaps a category watch?) I remember someone (Mike?) looking at other wikis with an eye towards porting code from another wiki to speed up the notifications and finding that no other wiki supports regex watchlists. Just wondering if we're going to need to change our behaviour WRT page watchlists if we can't fix moin.

-Toshio