mirrormanager future features

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Tue Sep 4 12:03:57 UTC 2007

Matt Domsch wrote:
> MirrorManager, for what I really wanted to see by the Fedora 7
> release, has been a success.

You're right, it is! I've set up this preferred netblock and any of the
roaming clients in my home network can just use stock fedora-*repo
configuration (as can my servers but they use static configuration
anyway) ;-)

> Anything else people really need to see?

Is there a way to 'query' the mirrorlist and telling it explicitly to
not use any preferred netblock?

Could we possible filter by protocol (http/ftp, rsync)?

I'm not sure this one is still current, but formerly I had to move
around directories because some mirror I was syncing from did not use
the exact same full tree the master mirror was; if it is still current,
could that be flagged and filtered on-request by mirror-manager?

> Thanks,
> Matt

Thank you!

--