Intro / application for Sysadmin group. Request for sponsor

Mark Hutchinson markhsa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 19:49:17 UTC 2007

I need a sponsor.

My name is Mark Hutchinson.   I have about 10 year experience with
Linux/Unix.
I am an RHCE and working toward my RHCA.
My experience is primarily in Oil/Gas and ISP.  ( I will attach my
resume as well )

I am a contractor currently for a Large Oil/Gas company and look after
local and global Linux environments. I have also worked with NIS and
LDAP quite a bit over the years.

I am In Calgary, Alberta Canada ( MST )

I would like to be involved in the build and admin of environments.
Though testing would also interest me as well.  Giving a little back
would be great as I have been using Fedora and RedHat for many years as
an end user.
My experience related to what is needed:

    * Web clustering - done with HA - Failover
    * Building and build environments - I have built many many
      environments for multiple purposes
    * Monitoring - Nagios and BigBrother extensively
    * Virtualization - Mostly with VMware but learning XEN now as well.
    * Source control management - I would like to learn more here
    * Script writers and automators - Lots of standard admin scripts and
      notification  / automation script work in bash.

    * Years experience.
    * Skills (especially those listed below in "What we are looking for").
    * Specific tasks you are interested in working on.
    * Current Location / Time Zone.
    * Why you are interested in working on the team.
    * Resume CV (not required, but a good idea)