Meeting Log - 2007-09-27

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Fri Sep 28 19:16:54 UTC 2007

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 03:47:00PM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> 2007-09-27T14:02:40  <mmcgrathbot> mmcgrath: #170 (Hosting respins)

May I suggest we create a directory structure for the spins that can
fit in with the directory structure on the master mirror servers?  In
this way, we might be able to move content back-and-forth between the
two trees without completely screwing up mirrors.

What do I mean?

Here's the current tree at pub/fedora/linux/releases/ :

pub/fedora/linux/releases
|-- 7
|   |-- Everything
|   |   |-- i386
|   |   |   `-- os
|   |   |       |-- Fedora
|   |   |-- source
|   |   |   `-- SRPMS
|   |   |       `-- repodata
|   |   `-- x86_64
|   |       `-- os
|   |           |-- Fedora
|   |-- Fedora
|   |   |-- i386
|   |   |   |-- iso
|   |   |   `-- os
|   |   |       |-- Fedora
|   |   |-- source
|   |   |   |-- SRPMS
|   |   |   `-- iso
|   |   `-- x86_64
|   |       |-- iso
|   |       `-- os
|   |           |-- Fedora
|   `-- Live
|       |-- i386
|       `-- x86_64

For spins posted on spins.fedoraproject.org, I'd want it to have a
similar structure:
pub/fedora/linux/releases
|-- 8
|   |-- Games
|   |   |-- i386
|   |   |   |-- iso
|   |   |   `-- os
|   |   |-- source
|   |   |   |-- SRPMS
|   |   `-- x86_64
|   |       |-- iso
|   `-- OtherRandomSpin
|   |   |-- i386
|   |   |   |-- iso
|   |   |   `-- os
|   |   |-- source
|   |   |   |-- SRPMS
|   |   `-- x86_64
|   |       |-- iso

Surely we can figure out how to torrent the ISOs directly from the ISO
directories then.

It may seem extraneous, but this would let us move a popular spin from
spins.fp.o onto the master mirror with little difficulty for our
mirrors; likewise we could move less-popular spins from the master
mirror over to spins.fp.o.

And, if we ran rsync on spins.fp.o, we could let people mirror that
content via rsync instead of torrent-only.  We wouldn't expect our
Fedora mirrors to do so, but we wouldn't prevent it either.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch