xen proposal

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Fri Apr 18 20:09:52 UTC 2008

So xen1 went down today and I was helping bring things back up. I didn't
know to look in /var/log/messages for the messages from
xenGuestsRunning.sh. I was wondering this:

would it make sense to have xenGuestsRunning run every hour and re-make
the symlinks in /etc/xen/auto for the guests which should be running on
the machine? Also - if for some reason the xen guests can't be started
up automatically due to other complexities (iscsi, memory over commit,
etc) we could have xenGuestsrunning auto-generate a script which can be
run to re-make the xen guests which should be running.

I'd be willing to put the script together, I just wanted to ask if there
was a good reason NOT to do this, so I don't waste time if I've missed
something.

thanks,
-sv

--