Change Request: setup restart-memhogs on fas1/2

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 19:40:59 UTC 2008

We have a script to restart TG apps on the app servers when their memory
exceeds a customizable limit.  We have this run on the app servers on
alternate hours so that we don't take down all the load balanced copies
of an app at the same time.  This has proved useful for a few of our
apps which have a tendency to grow until the box starts swapping.  I'd
like to set this up for fas1 and fas2 before we get to the hard change
freeze.

As an initial limit, I want to start with 1GB of rss before an app
restarts.  The present usage

                        fas1     fas2
Memory on the box:   4096000   2048000
Memory usage after