MM metalinks plan

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Wed Aug 13 13:16:14 UTC 2008

A quick note following my hints on IRC.  I've been working on adding
metalinks to MirrorManager, and think it's in pretty good shape.  A
few nits left (what type of doc to return on error, if any, and adding
back in the date-generated fields with proper format after
conversation with the upstream metalink maintainer).  Note, I don't
expect yum for < F10 to be able to make use of metalinks, but I'm
hoping, with Seth's help, to get the necessary bits into yum
"soonish".

Which brings me to my next point.  I'm on vacation, and essentially
unreachable, starting Friday night 8/15, returning Sunday 8/24.  So,
rather than push this into production and then duck out, I'm going to
hold off until after I'm back.  Hopefully the production instances of
MM won't fall over while I'm out, but if so, people know how to reach
me, and I can arrange limited connectivity as needed (and as my DTs
from being disconnected drive me back...)

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch