Public demo of amber and eventual production instance

Robin Norwood rnorwood at redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 14:45:19 UTC 2008

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 01:49:47 -0500 (CDT)
Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Aug 2008, Robin Norwood wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 20:09:20 -0500 (CDT)
> > Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:

> > > it is probably time to better describe what goes where and why.
> > > I'm fond of the admin.fedoraproject.org/blah/ for stuff.  But if
> > > this is an application that end users will be using that doesn't
> > > seem quite right.
> >
> > Yes, it isn't really a fedora 'admin' app.  As you said, it's
> > targeted at end users.
> >

> Does it have an authed interface for admins or does it pull everything
> from our repos and such?

It auth against FAS.  First, anyone with a FAS account can log in, and
post comments and whatnot.  Second, if the user happens to own a
package that provides a given application, she can edit the app's
description, and do things like delete comments and screenshots.
Third, if a user is a member of the 'amber_admins' group, he can do the
above for all apps, and a few other things.

Does that answer your question?

-RN

--
Robin Norwood