Some noteworty praise

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 14:21:10 UTC 2008

This whole team got a well-deserved attaboy from Tim Burke, who is the
Director of Linux Development inside Red Hat.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-August/msg01023.html

'''
Dear Fedorans,

There's an old expression: When the going gets tough; the tough get going.

The hardcore Fedora guys here at RH have been as tough, determined,
hard-working and resilient as I have ever seen. It is a privilege to
work among them. They didn't ask for a week of grief. They didn't
deserve a week of grief. This burden was inflicted on them through no
fault of their own. Through it all they have risen to the occasion and
gone well beyond. In addition, they have at all times had the interests
and spirit of the community front and center.

Because this is an ongoing investigation I am unable to articulate their
individual heroics in detail. If you have been lucky enough to meet any
of them at Fudcon, OLS, a local LUG meeting or online, you know who I'm
talking about. You know the magic they perform. We at Red Hat are proud
of every one of them. We stand behind them shoulder to shoulder 100%.
Inside the walls of Red Hat, the word "heroes" has almost never been
used. Glad we saved it for these guys.

In deep admiration
Tim Burke, Director Linux Development
'''