Re: New Key Repo Locations

On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 10:35 +0300, Axel Thimm wrote:
> The benefits, other than staying in line with the established layout
> practices are that one could merge in the updates (like the unity
> project does) and even offer an advantage to the user when installing
> from 9.1. Furthermore one could always check whether a system is
> "vulnerable" by checking its version.
>
> Or does this need export regulations due to changing the version
> number? Hopefully not.

It would need new export controls, which is the least of the problems.

We are going to have a hard enough time doing a full release for Fedora
10, trying to squeeze in a 9.1 and an 8.1 release is just going to make
10 that much worse.  Add to that it won't help at all the already burned
or mastered copies of the original isos in existence.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!