Custom planets / Fedora Art

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 12 20:10:14 UTC 2008

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Máirí­n Duffy wrote:

> Mike McGrath wrote:
>> Submit a ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/  I'm
>> actually not intimately familiar with our planet software to know if what
>> you want to do is possible or not.
>>
>> anyone else know?
>
> I maintain a planet server elsewhere, it is very easy to have custom planets
> running on the same install of planet. You just spin off a new planet .ini
> file and matching template file.

the template system for the .planet files I wrote allows for a user to
make a .planet.something file and put the same or other info in it. Then
another planet cronjob needs to be put in place passing that 'something'
extension to it so it will look at those files and not the .planet files.

That's it.

-sv