OpenSuSE Buildsystem

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Dec 16 16:48:48 UTC 2008

I've been talking with some of the SuSE guys and we agree there's some
overlap or at least coordination between their buildsystem and ours.  The
first obvious low hanging fruit is common macros.  For those who wonder
"why would we help OpenSuSE?"  the answer is common goals, and better user
experiences.

The problem is time and coordination.  So on a whim I thought I'd send
this email out.  Do we have any contributors out there who are both
members of Fedora and SuSE who would be willing to lead this charge, find
similarities and places for coordination?

	-Mike