We've got problems

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Dec 18 21:31:18 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:

> Whats the hangup?  HNP is our ACL plugin.  Some might remember when we
> said "A wiki is not a CMS" well, now we're being screwed by it.  It has
> been made clear to us that certain pages in the wiki must A) stay on the
> wiki and B) be editable by only a subset of people.  HNP is not supported
> by newer versions of mediawiki.

Why do the pages have to stay on "THE" wiki.  Why not set up a 2nd
wiki instance for the sensitive pages and set up inter-wiki links so
that linking isn't cumbersome.

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

	-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"