Re: Introduction to the Infrastructure Group

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Asgeir Frimannsson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As requested on the 'Getting Started' page, here's my [1] introduction to the
> list:
>
> My name is Asgeir (asgeirf on IRC). I am working part-time with Red Hat
> (eng-i18n, Brisbane, Australia) and otherwise spend much time completing a
> PhD investigating the role of context in translation reuse...
>
> My primary interest (at this point) within Fedora is localisation and
> translation 'engineering'. I hope to help great people like Dimitris Glezos
> maintain and develop the translation infrastructure (status pages, transifex)
> and the translation tools.
>
> cheers,
> asgeir
>
> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AsgeirFrimannsson

Welcome!  I take it you know Glezos already if not make sure to try to get
ahold of him online.  A focus on localization is a very worthy goal and
among some of the better work Fedora is up to right now.

Are you looking to help code some of our apps for better localization?  If
that's the case we're using TG with mostly genshi templates though some
kid.  We could certainly use some more help.  Stop by #fedora-admin if you
get a moment tomorrow.  It would be good to discuss some of this a bit
more.