Welp, I've failed.

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 21:41:51 UTC 2008

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008, Anand Capur wrote:

> > hopefully pulling right from the
> > webapp instead of generating then pulling.
> >
> >         -Mike
>

> *No idea what i'm talking about here* but is there a way to cache the main
> things to reduce the load of querying a DB every time?

The cache is actually the problem with the race condition now.  In order
to do a manual push we have to run scripts on our app servers to
'generate' the cache.  then we have to pull it.  I'm sure there's a better
way to do it even without the cache for now.  We're only talking about
60-70 hosts right now.  That will grow with time.  But with plenty of time
to wait until caching is really needed.

	-Mike