Welp, I've failed.

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Fri Feb 15 00:17:00 UTC 2008

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008, Ryan Ordway wrote:

> > Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?
>

> Will using Postgres as the back-end and LDAP as a middle piece work with FAS2?
> Perhaps using LDAP to integrate with NSS and other 3rd party apps, but just
> for authentication/authorization (read access).
>
> Right now I'm using LDAP as my primary data store for our Library systems at
> OSU, but I'm considering moving to a tiered LDAP+SQL system, so if there are
> reasons why it doesn't work well I'd be especially happy to hear about them.
> :-)

Thats certainly a possibility though I'd rather wait and see what won't
work with this system.  As it is right now everything will work except the
wiki (which wouldn't have worked out of the box anyway AFAIK) and since
we're pushing to move towards mediawiki (see today's meeting) I think even
that won't be a problem.

	-Mike