Re: Fedora Search

On Jan 30, 2008, at 9:57 AM, Mike McGrath wrote:

We need a Fedora search engine.  Especially for docs.  Options

1) Do we run our own?

Definitely.

2) Do we use google.

No, I think it should be OSS.

At OSU our web group uses Nutch with pretty good results. And you don't have to use the java interface, I believe that they're just exporting via XML and using PHP for the actual interface. So it could integrate just as nicely into a TG app or what have you.

http://search.oregonstate.edu/

Ryan

--
Ryan Ordway                           E-mail: rordway oregonstate edu
Unix Systems Administrator               rordway library oregonstate edu