xen1 outage

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Jan 30 21:29:51 UTC 2008

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Dale Bewley wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 16:43 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> > On Sun, 20 Jan 2008, Itamar - IspBrasil wrote:
> > > why these machines can't run fedora 8 ?
> > > fedora 8 have new xen version, and new xen kernels.
> > >
> > Fedora 8 is ill suited to this particular task which, in reality, is just
> > an appliance/abstraction between our hosts and the hardware.
>
> Please don't see any troll in this question, but why do you say that?
>
> Do you mean Fedora in general since this box is seen as a rarely touched
> appliance and you don't want to upgrade it often? Or are you referring
> to Fedora 8 in particular because of some shortcoming in the release?
>
> I'm using F8 for a dom0 and pretty happy with it and libvirt in my
> particular environment.

Just in that we don't like to touch it much.  Our teams resources vs what
we're trying to provide don't mix well with having to rebuild the machines
all the time.  We actually do have some Fedora dom0 boxes but in general
its nice to setup and forget about them which we have generally been able
to do.

	-Mike