intro

Hi all,

My name is Alex Shepard. I've been lurking for a few weeks, but I'd like to pitch in and help out if I can find something to work on.

I'm 33, work for a startup called Eye-Fi ih the US (in the bay area), doing systems infrastructure and development. I'm pretty good at generic linux web sysadmin stuff, network engineering, systems monitoring (esp nagios & cacti). I'm also a halfway decent coder... I'm pretty good with perl, php, java, javascript, and can read c and variants and python.

I wouldn't mind helping out really anywhere. My strengths are probably in web/hosted/tools/devel, but if I had to pick I'm mostly curious about how the FC team manages releases, so sysadmin-releng and sysadmin-build sound like fun.

I'll try to drop in at the next irc meeting and say hi.

Cheers!
-alex