Outage Notification - 2008-07-22 04:59 UTC (MAJOR)

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Fri Jul 18 02:56:27 UTC 2008

There will be an outage starting at 2008-07-22 04:59 UTC, which will last
approximately 10 hours.

To convert UTC to your local time, take a look at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/UTCHowto
or run:

date -d '2008-07-22 04:59 UTC'

Affected Services:

Websites
Buildsystem
Database

Unaffected Services:

CVS / Source Control
DNS
Mail
Torrent
Fedora Hosted
Talk

Ticket Link:

Reason for Outage:

Re-migrating db1 to its new hardware (memory issues have hopefully been
resolved).  Moving koji database from db2 to a dedicated new server, db3.

The db1 outage will cause the wiki and smolt to be offline for no longer
then an hour.

The koji move will cause the buildsystem (and whatever depends on the
build system) to be down for between 8 and 10 hours.  We haven't padded
the outage so if something goes wrong, we'll have to abort and re-schedule
it for another time.  Likely the next night so be prepared.  Also please
make sure any builds you complete any builds prior to the time of the
outage.

Contact Information:

Please join #fedora-admin in irc.freenode.net or respond to this email to
track the status of this outage.