bash $TMOUT

Sooooo, I'd like to set a $TMOUT for all of our bash sessions.  I see a
lot of shells just needlessly open.  This is going to piss people off
though, I haven't even done it yet and its pissing me off :)

Are there any very vocal oppositions to this?  Any alternatives?  I'd like
to at a minimum install it on fedorapeople.